2011 will see GrabCAD more focused on developing and promoting its engineering services. With the first 4 months we had well over 1000 engineers signing up with us who are ready to take on CAD projects from drafting to 3D modeling to rendering photorealistic images.
Last year we started testing our online order form and have a handful of orders submitted to date. The volume of orders is still low but steady and growing. Thanks to the members of GrabCAD we've delivered high quality work on time. Here are just two examples of the projects we've done recently.
Carlos M. L from Peru earned himself a nice little Christmas bonus on doing 3D models based on drawings.
Pankaj A. from India also did a modeling and 2D technical drawing project to one of our clients who is producing spa modules and furniture.
We currently have a couple of pending orders from metal tool manufacturers and wooden furniture builders. More orders like these keep coming in and that's good news to our engineers. If you've already signed up with us then make sure you fill out your profile with your skills, experience so that it would be easier for us to match you with the right kind of work.
If you're interested in knowing more on how the whole CAD services order-delivery process works then here's a step-by-step flow:
1. Order submission - the client (be it a small manufacturing company, a hobby-builder or a product design agency) sends their project order to GrabCAD.
2. Checking the details - we'll take a look at the order for all the details and contact the customer if necessary.
3. Selecting the engineer - we match the project with the best engineer in our database based on their field of expertise, software skills, experience etc.
4. Crunch time - engineer gets the work done and sends the finished project back to GrabCAD.
5. Quality control - our in-house quality control checks the delivered model or drawing against the instructions.
6. Delivery to the customer - drawing, 3D model or rendered image is sent back to the client together with an invoice.
The whole cycle takes less than 48 hours. This is, of course, true for simple projects - one model/part, standard requirements. In case of larger or more complex projects step #2 will take slightly longer, our project manager will be in touch with the client, we might use several engineers to carry out the work, project cost and delivery time will be negotiated separately.
More information can be found on our CAD services page.