This month's GrabCAD Print release is short -- but packed with powerful enhancements for PolyJet 3D Printing. It's also the last release supported on Windows 7.
Continue reading to learn more!
GrabCAD Print 1.37 Highlights:
- Delayed Start with Advanced Slicer: The delayed start feature for PolyJet printers that was introduced in version 1.20 is now supported by the PolyJet Advanced Slicer.
- New PolyJet Print Setting for Post-Processing: Add a thin layer of transparent material for post-printing polishing. Polishing the transparent layer results in a model with a smooth surface and high fidelity colors and textures.
- Traveler Document for Manufacturing Notes: It is now possible to preview and create a PDF traveler document containing the manufacturing notes and screenshots of the models for the currently active tray.
Also, DON'T FORGET!! This release is the FINAL release supported on Windows 7. After January 14, 2020, Microsoft will no longer provide security updates or support for PCs running Windows 7.
What this means:
- Stratasys will stop providing software updates for GrabCAD Print on Windows 7.
- We will no longer ensure that GrabCAD Print works on Windows 7.
- We won't be able to offer support for operational issues involving Windows 7 after this release.
Upgrade PC’s running GrabCAD Print to a supported operating system. Please see System Requirements for GrabCAD Print for the list of supported operating systems.
GrabCAD Print checks for updates on startup and will prompt you to update the next time you open the app. If you're using GrabCAD Print in Offline Mode, you will need to manually update your components here:
PolyJet 3D Printing
As we mentioned above, this update affects PolyJet users. Want to learn more about PolyJet 3D printing? Check out our PolyJet 3D printing tutorials where we walk you through fun tasks to try, starting at the beginniner level to expert.