The Stratasys & KeyShot Packaging Design Competition Committee is excited to announce the winners of the 2021 contest!
The panel of judges for this competition includes professional industrial designers and applications engineers from Stratasys, KeyShot and Kinetic Vision.
For this challenge, we provided three bottle designs and asked our contestants to breathe life into them.
We asked these designers to showcase their artistry, creativity, mastery of design and the latest version of the streamlined, design-to-PolyJet print workflow enabled by KeyShot software.
We received an impressive, diverse array of creative designs from students and professionals from the United States and Canada.
Our professional and student finalists created packaging designs that were best-in-class in the following categories:
- Creativity-taking a shared file and making it stand out from the crowd.
- Attractiveness-does your packaging grab attention and make people want to reach for your product over the others on the shelf?
- Inspiration: does the design and the story behind your design inspire others to use PolyJet and KeyShot in their design process?
- Printability-the design must meet the technical specifications to generate a printable model on the Stratasys J55 printer.
- Utility-the best utilization of PolyJet technology and KeyShot software.
We also asked our contestants to provide a written reflection explaining their design inspiration, utilization of the technology and the impact that they believe the Stratasys, KeyShot workflow will have on the design profession going forward.
To reward the finalists and winners for their award winning designs and narratives, Stratasys and KeyShot are pleased to present:
- A PolyJet, 3d printed model of their design to all finalists
- A Stratasys Direct Manufacturing printing voucher for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place
- A complimentary KeyShot V10 Pro license for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place
- A promotion in the Stratasys newsletter, website and social channels for all finalists
- A display of all winning designs pictured together in the IDSA INNOVATION magazine
Without further delay, our deserving winners are as follows:
1st place: Frank Gonzalez, United States
2nd place: Kristoff De Hulsters, Canada
3rd place: Tommy Mueller, United States
1st place: Matthew Veloso, United States
2nd place: Jessy Irvine, United States
3rd place: Julian Becker, United States
Stratasys and KeyShot would like to thank all of the participating designers for the time and hard work they dedicated to creating these designs.
Congratulations on your outstanding achievement!
Design Competition Committee
For a closer look at project submissions, photos and videos, please visit the GrabCAD Challenge: https://grabcad.com/challenges/selecting_winners
Please keep an eye out for details on the next design competition coming soon!