A few weeks ago we told the world about GrabCAD Workbench, a better way to share CAD models securely with both engineers and non-engineers. Workbench makes it easy for partners and collaborators to see a 3D model in their browser, then make comments, add pins and sketch right on the model.
Workbench Launches Strong and Gets Better
The response was tremendous - more than a thousand people have signed up for our closed beta. With great feedback from that group (thanks folks!) we’ve continued to add features and make Workbench even better. In the last few weeks we’ve added:
- Measuring tools
- Support for .pdf, .mov, .m4v and other file types
- Drag and drop file movement
But there’s more to come - in the next few weeks we’re adding threaded comments, view only permissions, ability to view file version history, improved sketching, and launching an Android app!
Workbench Beta Now Open To The Public
We’re ready to open GrabCAD Workbench up to the world. As of today, we’ve made sign up automatic - when you enter your information and click “Submit”, presto! - you’re in. All the easy, secure CAD collaboration you could ever want, and plenty for your partners and collaborators as well.
As part of our transition to “open” beta we also want to let you know how we’ll be pricing Workbench. We’re offering three tiers of subscription:
- Professional - FREE. With a Professional plan you’ll have unlimited collaborators and unlimited data storage on up to 5 projects.
- Team - $25 / user / month. If you need more than 5 projects you’ll be able to upgrade to a Team plan and get unlimited projects (along with unlimited collaborators and storage, of course).
- Enterprise - Some customers have told us that they need additional capabilities like a centralized administration system. For those users we’ll offer all the benefits of the Team plan but with an admin console. We’ll roll out our Enterprise plan at the end of June.
Our Team plan will be available for purchase right on the website, and if you’re interested in an Enterprise plan we’d encourage you to reach out to our sales team to learn more. This pricing will go into effect at the end of June, so plan ahead!
Go Get Started!
We’re excited that Workbench has proved so popular and we’re thrilled that so many people have taken the time to send us comments and thoughts. Please keep it up! And head on over to the Workbench signup page to start sharing CAD privately and securely today.